Transformational Problem Solving
“The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year.” ~ John Foster Dulles, Former US Secretary of State.
Businesses and interpersonal relationships fail because of poor problem solving. This is often due to either problems not being clearly understood; or are understood but not dealt with appropriately. In today’s fast changing business environment, we face problems daily which are becoming increasingly more complex and multi-faceted.
Problem-solving mastery for leaders at all levels is crucial to growth and sustained performance.
- Understanding organisational problem solving hierarchy
- The dilemmas of business challenge: making decisions versus solving problems
- Core business problems: project, strategic, process and organisational
- Understanding the individual’s pain points in the organisational universe
A Problem Solver Mindset
- Belief system - Seeing the Problem as an opportunity, not a threat
- Growth vs Fixed Mindset
- Living with uncertainty
- Anticipating uncertainty
Clear Problem Definition
“If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” ∼ Albert Einstein
- What is The Problem?
- Myths and the reality of problem solving
- Barriers: Faulty pattern recognition; negative bias; confusing symptomatic problems with root problems; and vulnerability from independent uncertainties.
- How serious is the problem – what level of repair is needed?
- Framing problems arising from uncertainty
- Appreciative inquiry
- Write a Problem Statement
Structured Problem-Solving Techniques
“Logic will get you from point A to point B. Imagination will take you everywhere. ∼ Albert Einstein”
- Solving problems that can be solved
- Rational analytical tools to problem solve
- Art of creative envisioning to address underlying issues
- Solutions focused framework vs Design thinking
The Power of Teams
- Collective sense making
- Communicating solutions with teams and discussing changes required
- Group Decision Making
What Clients Say About The Program
I would say the sessions are meaningful and fruitful if you commit to the program. It will teach you what are indispensable capabilities as a manager and that we are promoted not because of our knowledge or experiences in the past and, rather, we are expected to manage the limited resource and time to achieve the desired outcome.
~ Mizuho Bank Thailand
A well-paced program that teaches key elements that every good manager should be aware of and actively practicing.
~ Mizuho Bank Thailand